Party Wall Services
Most building works (particularly loft conversions and extensions) fall within the scope of the Party Wall Act. If you are a Building Owner planning to carry out work or an Adjoining Owner who needs advice – we can help.
Party walls are walls that separate buildings belonging to different owners, such as in semi-detached or terraced housing. Complications can arise when carrying out any work to or near the party wall and is likely to be affected by The Party Wall Act etc. Act 1996.
What does The Party Wall Act cover?
The Act covers the complex legal requirements and procedures that must be followed before works can commence – such as party wall notices, counter-notices, and party wall awards.
Getting these wrong will likely result in extra costs and project delays.
Typical Examples of Notifiable Work
- Building a new wall up to the line of the boundary or astride the line of boundary
- Cutting into a Party Wall to insert padstones to support beams for a loft conversion
- Re-building a garden wall positioned astride the boundary
- Underpinning a Party Wall
- Cutting away chimney breasts from a Party Wall
- Carrying out repairs to a Party Wall
- Exposing a Party Wall during loft conversion building work
- Excavations for foundations within 3m of your neighbour
- Excavations to install below ground drains within 3m of your neighbour
- Excavations to form a basement extension with 3m of your neighbour
Services and Professional Fees
We can prepare and serve your Party Wall Notices, Party Wall Awards and administer the framework of the Act.
You can contact us on 02086515855 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org for free advice and competitive fees.